Timaya Net Worth in 2022 has been estimated to be $10.5 million. He is a popular singer and song writer in Nigeria. Timaya is also one of the richest musicians in Nigeria.
How about a quick profile of Timaya’s Net Worth, biography and career?
- Timaya Net Worth: $10.5 million.
- Full Name: Inetimi Timaya Odon.
- Born: August 15, 1998.
- Citizenship: Nigeria.
- Place of Birth: Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria.
- Occupation(s): Singer, Music artist, Songwriter.
- Record Label(s): DM Records.
Timaya Net Worth in Naira Currency
Timaya net worth in 2022 is estimated at $10.5 million and when converted into Nigerian Naira, it is approximately N4.3 billion. This conversion may be prior to change due to any change in value of the above currencies.
Related: Burna boy net worth.
Timaya’s Biography & Early Life
Timaya, whose full name is Inetimi Timaya Odon, was born in Port Harcourt, Nigeria, on August 15, 1977. He is a performer, songwriter, and vocalist.
Odon Timaya’s mother worked as a merchant while his father worked as a banker. He was raised at Agip Estate, Port Harcourt, as the youngest of fifteen children in a huge family.
Timaya attended the Assemblies of God Nursery and Primary School for his childhood education.
His secondary schooling began at Nkpolu Oroworukwo Secondary School in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Timaya’s mother intended for him to travel to Lagos with his older brother and sister before he finished school. After relocating to the city, he was accepted into Lagos Ikeja Grammar School, where he attained a certificate for his secondary school education.
Timaya eventually went back to Port Harcourt to pursue a tertiary education in Banking and Finance, but he struggled in his exams and dropped out after his first semester due to a poor performance in his first examination.
He then returned to Lagos to work as a backing vocalist for Eedris Abdulkareem’s hip-hop group.
Timaya’s Music Career Journey
Three years after Timaya joined Eedris Abdulkareem’s hip-hop group, he left to start his own Solo music career.
Timaya began collaborating with other up-and-coming artists and made his first cameo in an unreleased music video by UDX, a Lagos-based rap group.
After hearing him perform a cappella version, he met producer Obaksolo in Mafoluku, Oshodi, who produced his first major hit record “Dem Mama.”
On his first album, True Story, he collaborated with Namse Udosen (Menthol X) on the track “Pomporo”.
Timaya’s debut album, “True Story”, was released in 2007, and later that year, he began working on his second album with producers like Phyno, Jeggs, Spankie, Akeem D Beat, Terry G, and Obaksolo.
His second album “Gift and Grace” was released in stores across the country in 2008.
Timaya’s third album, “De Rebirth”, and its success-themed lead single “Plantain Boy”, were released a few years later. Akeem D Beat, Phyno, Flux, M-Yire, Jay Sleek, N.D, Jesse Jagz, and Obaksolo produced the album.
Timaya released LLNP (Long Life And Prosperity), a collaborative album with his crew, Dem Mama Soldiers, in November 2011.
On June 25, 2012, Timaya released Upgrade, a 14-track album that included the hits “Bum-Bum,” “Sexy Ladies,” “Bum Bum,” and “Malonogede.” Collaborations on the album include Attitude, Terry G, and Vector.
He released his fifth studio album, Epiphany, in 2014. The 20-track album featured global hits such as “Bum Bum Remix” (featuring Dancehall A-Lister, Sean Paul), “Sanko,” and “Ukwu.” 2baba, Patoranking, Olamide, Sir Shina Peters, Deethi, Phyno, and Terry G were also featured.
He made an appearance in Nassau, Bahamas, in 2017, as the headliner of the first-ever Afro-Soca concert.
Timaya released an EP titled Chulo Vibes after 5 years of releasing singles and touring (2019). East African artist Alikiba, Trinidadian Soca Legend Machel Montano, and Nigerian Burna Boy collaborated on this project.
So far, Timaya has been doing well in his career and has been appearing as an executive in several music shows due to his professionalism in the Nigerian Music Industry.
Timaya’s Nominations & Awards
Timaya is a talented musician and he has won several awards in the Nigerian Music Industry. Below are some of Timaya’s nominations and Awards so far.
- In 2009, Timaya received a nomination for Artiste of the Year at “The Headies” Awards.
- In 2014, he received an Indigenous Artist of the Year nomination at the Nigeria Entertainment Awards.
- He received a nomination for Best Dancehall Artist at the AFRIMMA Awards in 2015.
- Timaya was nominated for an AFRIMMA award in 2016 for Best Dancehall Act of the Year.
- Timaya’s song “Plantain Boy” won the “Afrotainment-Museke Online African Music Awards” in 2011 for Best Afro-Dancehall Song.
- In 2008, he won the Nigeria Music Awards for Album of the Year for True Story.
- True Story, Timaya’s album, earned him “The Headies” in 2008 for Best Reggae/Dancehall Album.
- During “The Headies Awards” in 2009, he won Best Reggae/Dancehall Album for Gift and Grace.
- In the same year, he won “The Headies Award” for Best Collaboration, “Good or Bad” (alongside J. Martins and P-Square).
- Timaya won “The Headies Awards” for Best Collaboration, “Kokoroko”, in 2010 (with Kefee).
- In 2017, he was awarded Dancehall Act of the Year at the AFRIMMA Awards.
Timaya’s Luxury Lifestyle
Timaya is a wealthy musician and he has made quite a fortune in his through his music career.
Aside from his music career, he engages in businesses and a lot of endorsement deals. As at 2022, Timaya net worth is valued at $10.5 million.
Timaya has a luxury mansion located in Lekki, Lagos State, Nigeria and the mansion’s estimated value is N250 million. The mansion has a private studio, a swimming pool and numerous other opulent features and designs.
Let’s check out some of Timaya’s fancy cars below, including the value of each car.
- Timaya owns a N55 million Mercedes-Benz G55 AMG.
- He owns a Bentley Continental GT, which is worth N72 million.
- Odion Timaya possesses a N17 million Range Rover Sport 2013.
- He owns a 2016 Range Rover Sport worth N19 million.
- He possesses a Mercedes-Benz GLE, which is valued at N25 million.
- Timaya also owns a Lexus GX269 SUV, which is valued at N33 million.
- He also has a N42 million Porsche 911 car.
Conclusion – Timaya Net Worth in 2022
Timaya is a successful music artist in Nigeria and over the years he has gained popularity in the Nigeria music industry. Currently, Timaya net worth is estimated at $10.5 million.
In fact, some refer to Timaya as a music legend in Nigeria because of his professionalism in music.
You need to know that all these were possible for him to achieve because he was focused on his goal, dedicated and also because he backed it up with hard work.
Let us hear you out in the comment box below on what you think of this post on Timaya net worth, Biography and Career in 2022.